Radiance Campbell is the health & wellness enthusiast behind Rainmaking, a conscious living community. She lives for yoga, plants, the modern day abolition movement, and fuzzy socks!
You’ve been there: Exhausted, lying in bed at night, feeling like you’ve done absolutely everything today... but also frustrated because you can’t quite remember actually doing anything. Even with the best intentions and plans going into the day, life always seems to get in the way and it’s just plain chaos from alarm clock to lights out, every single time. It gets pretty draining. Trust me, I understand. I’m a full-time student with a part-time job, two side hustles, AND an athletic career. I used to swear that there were not enough hours in the day. But the reality is - I just wasn’t managing my hours well. Over the last year, I’ve adopted two practices that allow me to finish the day feeling accomplished, refreshed, motivated, and ready for the next morning: self-management and self-care. Check out the tips below to get started!
“The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” -Michael Altshuler
1. Time visualization: Time blocking your day the night before provides immediate direction and order when you wake up. I love using worksheets like these; Print them out, fill them out, and reap the benefits.Your life doesn’t have to be a hot mess.
2. Focus: A small set of tasks for the day trumps an overwhelming to-do list for the entire month. Focus in, set priorities, and motivate yourself by checking items off as you go. You can always add more if you finish early!
3. Take breaks: Your brain needs breaks to perform better and stay focused when you are working! A good method is to turn your known distractors into rewards. Wait to check Instagram until you’ve completed three tasks. Save Netflix for pre-determined breaks rather than watching while you do your homework.
Keeping your body and mind in peak physical shape will help prepare you for the craziness of every day.
1. Set uplifting routines: Your morning ritual sets the tone for the day, and your nighttime ritual steadies you for all that is to come tomorrow. Choose activities that ground you, like reading, journaling, tea-drinking, meditation, or yoga.
2. Take care of the essentials: Your health is central to your wellbeing and your success. Eat well, exercise, read, and socialize (in person!) everyday. Health is often the first to go when we’re stretched thin, but it’s so important! You should be scheduling self-care time like it’s a mandatory class. Still think there aren’t enough hours in the day? Combine tasks! Read a book on the elliptical, meal prep with friends, etc etc.
3. Set boundaries: Remember that leaving time to just be, by yourself, is also a major part of self-care. There has to be a time in the day where you unplug, lock the door, and do something for you. You deserve it.
Self-management and self-care. With these two tricks up your sleeve, days will immediately feel more balanced and productive. Promise.
IG | @doyourraindance