Spicy Tahini Sesame Zoodles
This is the ultimate light lunch. It’s not heavy, it’s not gonna weigh you down or make you feel bloated and sleepy in your 2PM meeting. But it’s also filling enough to keep you satisfied until dinner. We love it with zucchini noodles, or cucumber noodles, or rice noodles…. (P.S. whenever we type ZOODLE it autocorrects to DOODLE. laughing every time.)
Serves: 1 // Time: 15 minutes
1 SMALL ZUCCHINI
½ CUP FROZEN EDAMAME (STEAMED)
½ CUP SHREDDED CARROT
HANDFUL OF SNAP PEAS
2 SCALLIONS CHOPPED
SESAME SEEDS, CASHEWS AND OR SUNFLOWER SEEDS TO GARNISH
1 T SESAME OIL
1 T APPLE CIDER OR RICE VINEGAR
1 T COCONUT SUGAR
1 T LIQUID AMINOS (OR TAMARI OR GLUTEN-FREE SOY SAUCE)
1 T SOOM TAHINI
PINCH OF CHILI FLAKES
1) Prepare the zoodles: Using a spiralizer, wash and dry zucchini, then spiralize into thin “zoodles”. If you don’t have a spiralizer, using a peeler, make long zoodles by peeling the zucchini lengthwise, then cut the flat pieces in half for a smaller zoodle. Alternatively, prepare rice noodles according to directions.
2) Steam edamame over boiling water, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
3) Add carrot and edamame to the zoodles.
4) Prepare the sauce by whisking all ingredients together and pour over zoodles.
5) Garnish with red pepper flakes, scallions and snap peas.
Want even more seasonal recipes, plus our personal support? Check out B+YND CMPNY here. We also have an option for a monthly subscription box delivery, filled with all our FAV wellness things. Don't miss out - new materials and boxes drop September 5th!